Friday, March 03, 2006

Music to commute by

I have a fairly long commute each day. MBH and I live exactly fifty-two miles one way from my office. Thankfully, it is a reverse commute and I get to smile at all the people sitting at a dead stop on the eastbound side of the Mass Pike trying to get into downtown Boston while I cruise by at a "little" bit above the speed limit on the westbound side. I then get to laugh at them on my way back into downtown at night (most of the time).

This morning, the view of downtown in my rearview mirror was stunning. The sun had just completely risen; causing a brilliant back lit sillouette of the Prudential and John Hancock buildings. With our extremely cold tempratures last night, the lower skyline was shrouded in a rising mist of steam. It was very other worldly. In front of me, the edge of the cresent moon, white and black, contrasted in a crystal clear blue sky. The temprature gauge may have read seventeen degrees but it sure felt like spring to me.

Mobile Friday Random 10

Well, here we are! It is Friday and you know what that means: time to put the ole Ipod on shuffle and let you know exactly how bad of taste in music I have. Today, I decided to do a something a little different. I decided to record my Random 10 in the car during my morning drive. It was a little tricky (yes, MBH, this is why I spilled half my coffee in my lap this morning). I was juggling the Ipod to hit pause, while I used the voice recorder on my cellphone to list the songs. And now, looking back, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. But it sure resulted in a really great list of fun songs to which to commute.

I'm saving this one for a new playlist! Links for you to listen along as usual...

1. Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root
2.Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty
3.Love Me Two Times - The Doors
4.Smooth - Santana featuring Rob Thomas
5.Stay - Dave Matthews Band
6.Babylon - David Grey
7.Get Down Tonight - KC and the Sunshine Band
8.Rio - Duran Duran
9. Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
10. Speed of Sound - Cold Play