Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Five Things to Eat Before You Die



I was tagged today by the lovely Sara over I Like to Cook to participate in a food blogger project started at the The Traveler's Lunchbox: Things to Eat Before You Die. The premise of the project is for food bloggers to post five things they have eaten that everyone in the world should try at least once before they die. How cool is this?! I love the idea of sharing some of my favourite foods with people. It is one of the reasons most of us blog about food; to share our food experience and to expand our palette. MBH is always looking for a new food group, I'm quite sure we will find one in the list (it was over 1000 at last check) for him to try.


My List of Five Things to Eat Before You Die:
(in no particular order of preference)
1. Planked Lake Superior Whitefish from Audies in Mackinaw City, MI
2. Smoked Salmon Quiche on the Prix Fixe from La Reserve de Quasimodo in Paris
3. Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas from The Tea Clipper pub in Knightsbridge, London
4. Nantucket Bay Scallop Roll in October on Nantucket
5. Braised Beef Short Ribs from Oleana in Cambridge, MA

Fellow bloggers (including one travel podcaster who ALWAYS has a restaurant review and one daily photo blogger who has great cooking tips) I'm tagging:

1. Dan O' Leary over at Hotel Coffee
2. Maikopunk over at It's a Good Thing I'm Book Smart
3. Ham over at London Daily Photo and Gub-Gub's Blog
4. Clare over at eatstuff.net
5. boo_licious over at masak-masak