Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yea, it's been a bit quiet around here lately...

Yup, I know, you are wondering what has been going on around my both of my kitchens haven't you? A whole lotta nuthin' that is what!!

It has been a bit crazy lately on the radio ranch to say the least. Between the long 4th of July holiday week when I had planned to bake quite a bit (didn't, way too hot!!) and long hours at work both in Boston and NYC, frankly the only thing I've felt like cooking is a bit of granola tossed into a bowl with blueberries and raspberries from the Westport Farmer's Market covered with ice cold milk.

Tonight will be no different because I'm still at work (even as I type this little ole post) but tomorrow is Friday and even though it is Friday the 13th, it is still Friday which brings hope for a little real cooking for the weekend. Also, I have it on good authority, that one of my all time favourite movies is waiting for viewing (W hasn't seen it; which is hard for me to fathom) and as you, good readers, know movie night in the Cambridge Kitchen means a themed meal based around the plot or setting of the movie.

I'm thinking something nice and plebeian, like pork chops, to serve for a movie all about a poor civil servant who has been obsoleted; not unlike my life you might say....