So, after all that cleaning and back breaking, I decided we deserved an early family Christmas present. I treated us to a family membership at the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts) where a very large Ansel Adams exhibition is ongoing. MBH is an very fine amateur photographer and has been wanting to go see this exhibition culled from the largest privately held collections of Adams' work. Most of these prints have not been seen publically so we are excited to spend the day tomorrow wandering the galleries, enjoying the crisp December air and maybe a little window shopping down Newbury Street followed by hot chocolate in the Public Garden. One last relaxing weekend before all the pre-Christmas rounds of parties, baking, post-office-line-standing, deck the halling begins.
Friday's Random 10
If you are new to this game, several of my fellow bloggers including Andrea put our I-Pods on shuffle and then let you have a peek at our collective varied taste in music. OK, so some of us are closet progressive rock fans :-o No cheating is allowed, what ever the Great Ipod Shuffle God chooses goes on our lists.
Here is mine for this week(Links to listen along):
1. Non, Je ne Regrette Rein - Edith Piaf
2. La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf
3. Sarabande for Katharine in April - Howard Hansen
4. The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
5. Rusticano Intermezzo - Mascagni Cavaleria
6. When the Cookie Jar is Empty - Michael Franks
7. Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber
8. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
9. Let There Be Love - Natalie Cole
10. LOVE - Nat King Cole
Wow, how weird is this list? Half Classical and Half Dark Cocktail Bar with the master of Funk thrown in for good measure. And what is up with the father/daughter back to back at the bottom? Oh well, it was so much to listen to this grouping I am going to make a playlist out of it.