Thursday, February 28, 2008

Help! How Do I Use Up a Bag of Flour??

I was organizing my flour and spice pantry last night. I needed to get a good idea of what I had from a spice standpoint and what if any flours I needed to use in the next few weeks/months. I don't want to waste any, especially with the high cost of wheat and the projected flour shortages for the upcoming months. Flour is a precious commodity under normal circumstance in my house but now it is more valuable than oil.

Of all the flours I had in my pantry and freezer, only two are nearing the end of their shelf life, my high gluten King Arthur Sir Lancelot (which I use quite a bit for my breads) and most of a bag of King Arthur Self Rising Flour.

So, my dear lovely readers, what should I do with the three-quarter of a 5lb bag of King Arthur Self Rising Flour I purchased for the Coconut Curry Cake that was part of the "Where Flavor Was Born" cookbook round table?

Submit your ideas on how to use up the KA Self Rising Flour to me in the comments section and don't forget to leave your email address when you comment.

I'll pick a few of the recipes from the submitters and we'll do a "Self Rising Flour Recipe Round-Up" in March as part of a theme week on flour!