Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Missing Pictures Post

I received my replacement USB cable for my camera today! Meaning I can once again upload photos. Good thing too because after my past two days, I am about out of disk space.

So, I thought I'd do a photo post of the photos that I took the past few days and link back to the posts for which they were originally intended.

Last Saturday found LB once again commandeering my computer between naps

LB Sleeping on his Head

and told you about my lazing around the back patio with my paper, cookbooks, food magazines and computer.

The Perfect Sunday Spot

Of course you remember my McGyvering of the tomato plant to my neighbor Erica's porch.

Tomato Bush Tied to the Porch

What LB failed to tell you about was the wind swept tomatoes from last Thursday's storms that I rescued from the yard and have been ripening on our picnic table

Storm Blown Tomatoes

the late season cucumbers growing on the vine

Late Season Cuke on the Vine

and the basil plants that something is munching on.

Something is Eating My Basil

If anyone has any ideas about what is eating my basil and what I can do to prevent it, please let me know. The soapy water isn't working and neither is the organic bug spray.

One of the first things I made when I got back from Sun Valley was a batch of Thai noodles. I had some left over so I tossed them into a salad with some chicken breast, Mandarin oranges, some edamame, and some nuts for dinner one night last week.

Thai Noodle Salad

While I was away a really good friend's parents sent me some Key Limes from their back yard tree.

Key Limes from Florida

So on Sunday, I made Tart Reform's Easy Key Lime Pie.

Key Lime Pie from Tart Reform

It was about the best Key Lime Pie I've ever had.

And Kelly of Sass and Veracity's fabulous Non Cowboy Caviar for a backyard gathering of my house mates.

Non Cowboy Caviar

I'm telling you, go over to her site, get the recipe and make it this weekend! You won't be sorry you did.

I've got some pictures from a down and back trip to New Jersey I made today and a fantastic, light and easy fish dish from Cooking Light to share with you in the next few days. Luckily, I can actually post both the words and the photos together now!