Saturday, August 16, 2008

WCB: It's A Cat's Life

It's A Cat's Life

It's Saturday around here but that didn't seem to stop Mom from waking up really early and leaving to go back to Boston for the day to have brunch with some friends and take care of some business she had. I thought she had made a mistake and forgot to turn off her alarm clock. You know how forgetful Mom has been lately. But she told me she meant to wake up that early.

I just gave her one of my looks that told her I was not amused by all this early morning activity on the weekend; especially since it forced me off the nice comfy bed and onto the cold wood floor in the hallway.

LB is NOT amused

To add insult to injury, she then informed me that I was going to be the subject of further indignities because she was going to take pictures of my morning routine including me eating my breakfast,

LB at the Food Bowl

hopping in the bedroom window to preen myself after eating my breakfast,

LB Preening

and making sure everything is as it should be in the litter box after she cleans it out.

LB "scratching" around his Litter Box.

I'm telling you, I'm counting the days until she leaves on that vacation in the middle of September she started planning this past week.

Planning My Mid-September Get-Away

Maybe then there will be peace and quiet around this house and I can get down to the serious business of scaring the stupid squirrel eating Mom's green tomatoes on the back porch.

LB watching a Squirrel Eating a Tomato on the Porch

Our hearts goes out to the family of MontyQ, a frequent participant in WCB , who lost their sweet baby, Violette Noelle.



This weekend's Weekend Cat Blogging, which is being hosted by Amar and Luna at CatSynth, is dedicated to her and her family.