Thursday, October 20, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

I'm traveling on business for the next two weeks. This week Seattle at my company's corporate offices doing next year budgets and next week the Midwest: Detroit, Cleveland and Pittsburgh on several jobsites. Poor MBH, left with a fridge full of home cooked meals and the cat box to clean. Me, I get two weeks of room service and 98 channels of cable TV. Two weeks of indulging myself with Lifetime movies, CSI (all three versions) and my newest guilty pleasure, The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. Yup, I have to admit, I'm hooked and last night, I popped some pop corn in the microwave in the room, opened a bottle of wine, sat on the couch in my pjs glued to the TV while the two teams went head to head over salad dressing. The perfect ending to a long day with bean counters and planning managers. Just me and my new best friend Martha.