Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another Type of Box....the Moving Box!

In the previous post, I told you all about the contents of my Blogging By Mail box and hinted a bit about some upcoming big changes happening in my kitchen. You know all that stuff about sailboats heading out into Long Island Sound and a new coffee maker for my espresso cups. So, seeing how there hasn't been a whole lot of cooking going on lately, I figured it was probably time to let you in on all the fuss!

In September, LB and I are moving to Connecticut.

I've already packed up all my baking dishes and cake pans. This past weekend I taped the last lid down on my rolling pin, my mixer and at least a ton of cookbooks. The only thing left to do is pack up all the flour and sugar. So, for the next few weeks, there won't be a much coming out of my kitchen that isn't already cooked (and probably eaten) somewhere else. But never fear, I've got a few things to tell you about. Like a super special cake I made a couple days ago (but forgot to take pictures of...DOH!) and a few restaurants I've had some pretty spectacular meals at while on a business trip to Sun Valley . (yes...it really was "work" but sometimes even "work" can be fun!)

To say the past month and a half have been crazy would be an understatement. But sometimes, life just happens that way. The path you started down ends up a dead end at a cliff and you just have to hold your breath and jump off that cliff to find a new path.

I told you this was going to be an adventure...