Saturday, January 31, 2009

We Interrupt This Plan....

To tell you that I have been working obscene and I mean obscene hours the past three days and today as no exception as I was in the office.

My Office Space Swag
(umm....yea....I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday...)

I've got what is starting to feel like the project from hell taking up all the space on my desk right now

Blueprints on My Desk

and it just won't die despite the pins I keep sticking in the voodoo doll

My Executive Toy Shelf

that I've lovingly named after the architect responsible for all the "funness" I'm having.

Needless to say this has put me completely behind in not only the Cookbook Casting Call menu since Wednesday night but I also haven't even had a chance to go check out and comment on my fellow Daring Baker's tuiles! (Thanks to everyone who stopped by to check out my savory version. I promise to get over to your place to check your's out. Promise!)

I have plans to make a dish from The New Basics tonight that wasn't on the original menu. It looks good and I don't have to work too hard in the kitchen and clean up looks to be breeze. Which is good because all I really want to do is crawl into bed with LB and the Netflix DVD I've had for three weeks but haven't had a chance to watch.

Regular programming will return tomorrow with a wrap-up post about The New Basics and the new cookbook and menu.

Hopefully, I'll actually be able to cook out of it....