WOW!!! Thanks everyone so much for the outpouring of love for the Nine Chocolate Mice from LA Burdicks yesterday. As of this morning, they have moved from the unloved list to Chez Pim's "Good Odds" list (meaning there were a number of bids but there was still a chance to win) where they joined the "Two Loaves of Fresh Baked Bread and the "Day of Breadmaking with Breadchick".
According to Chez Pim's "Tip Sheet" there is one last prize that The Sour Dough is offering that has excellent odds that you will win and frankly, if I wasn't offering it myself, I would be slapping $30.00 down to win and that is a Small Signature Collection of Chocolate from Knipschildt Chocolatiers (prize code UE09).
Now, let me tell you something about these chocolates. First, not only had Gourmet named Knipschildt one of the top three chocolates in the WORLD but Forbes has featured them because they have the most expensive truffle, the La Madeline au Truffle.
Also, from up close and personal experience (Knipschildt's retail store, Chocopologie is located across the back parking lot from our offices) these chocolates are some of the most delectable chocolates you will ever put in your mouth. We had two of their Large Signature Collection in our office this week and let me tell you it was all I could do not to sit down at my desk with a whole box and snarf it down. And for anyone in the office who reads this blog...yes, it was I who ate all the coconut truffles.
Now, back to you getting a chance to sample these wonderful truffles. All you have to do is before midnight tonight, go to the Menu for Hope IV donation page and place a bid for Prize UE09, Small Signature Box of Knipschildt Chocolates.
We are so close to raising $70,000 for the World Food Programme and the school lunch program in Lesotho that all of us can taste it. And what a better way to share the joy than with a nice box of chocolate from one of the best chocolatiers in the world?
The Menu for Hope IV raffle ends today, December 21 so won't you please help us get there?
Here's how you can bid on the prizes The Sour Dough is offering: Knipschildt Chocolates, the LA Burdick Mice, the Two Loaves of Fresh Baked Bread, The Day of Breadmaking with Breadchick or any of the other fabulous prizes being offered by my fellow food bloggers of the world.
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, here's what you need to do:
1. Choose one of the fantastic prizes from our Menu for Hope prize page at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html (mmmmm....truffles, Prize Code UE09)
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation (Knipschildt Chocolates UE09). You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. Example:
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.