Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Book for Me and a Book for You!!

I think we've already established here at the Sour Dough that the very best meal of any day is brunch. If I had to choose only one meal type to eat for the rest of my life, it would be brunch. After all, at what other meal can you have all the crab legs you can eat, a fantastic Belgian waffle and a Bloody Mary all in one sitting?

So, when Cathy at A Blithe Palate and Stephanie at Dispensing Happiness wanted to know if I would like to be part of a Cookbook Spotlight on April 17 featuring Gale Gand's Brunch!
,

galegandburnch

I said yes faster than you can mix a mimosa.

It is so exciting to come home from work and find a package containing a cookbook hot off the presses from the publisher. I typically run into the house, rip open the package and start "flagging" recipes that I want to try out. So far, since I got home this evening to find "Brunch!" at my doorstep, I think I've used all the red and half of the yellow flags in the little Post-it box. If I keep going, I'm going to have throw a block party in the next few Sunday mornings!

When I've done Cookbook Spotlights in the past, I've always felt kind of guilty that I haven't been able to share the fun with you, my readers. But, this go around I've been given an extra copy of "Brunch!" to give to one of you so you can join us!

Here's what you have to do to be in the running to be part of the Cookbook Spotlight:

Email me with your snail mail address at mary "at" breadchick "dot" com by noon East Coast time on Friday, March 27 telling me what is your favorite item on a brunch buffet. Don't forget to include the name and a link of your blog. If you don't have a blog, I'll be happy to host you for your spotlight of "Brunch!".

I'll have LB randomly pick one of the emails and the lucky person will receive their very own copy of Gale Gand's Brunch! to pick some recipes from, cook them, share them with friends and family and tell us all about their experience. So, start emailing me!

Look for the event on April 17th and the round up on April 20th.